22 GAUGE METAL DRYER VENT BOX WITH MATCHING “SNAP ON” TRIM RING
The DBX 1000M is 9 ¾” X 17” and 3_1/2” deep. The 3_1/2” deep box is for 2x4 or 2x6 framing. It is a 22 gauge metal dryer vent box with a 22 gauge “snap on trim ring”. It can be installed in 16” or 24” o.c. framing.
The DBX 1000M dryer vent box/ring is powder coated. For optimum results install the DBX 1000M for up/down venting in 2x4" or 2”X6” framed walls as follows:
Box Installation – 16” or 24” On-Center Spacing:
Trim Installation Instructions:
- Orient box to match desired venting direction. Allow a minimum of 4” of vent pipe to extend into the box.
- If gas line is to be installed, insert into knockout provided.
- Slide box into position taking care to correctly align vent pipe and gas pipe (if present).
- Set box so that the bottom is 2 5/8” above the floor to allow clearance for the trim ring.
- Attach box directly to either framing member and use straps to secure the other side to the opposite framing member.
- Screws or nails (1 ¼”) in length to attach the DBX1000M Box to framing.
- Trim carpenter to leave 1 ½” between inside edge of box and end of baseboard to allow trim ring clearance.
- Snap trim ring into opening, No Caulking Required.
- Trim Ring is powder coated, no finishing required.
- Trim Ring accommodates ½” or 5/8” drywall.
Installation Instructions - PDF
1 Hour Installation Instructions - PDF
DBX1000M Marketing Sheet - PDF
DBX1000M-4" Dimensional Specs - PDF
Engineering Packet for DBX1000M - PDF